Wednesday 13 January 2010

Charge of the Resolutionists.


I thought this year was going to be different, there were no signs of the masses of people that usually follow the over excesses of Christmas and the New Year. How wrong was I? The weather just held them back for a short time. You now need to be faster at getting to the treadmill than on it! If your a man who wants to work your bum, tum or thighs you have to wait in the queue behind several ladies(complete with copies of Womans Own). Also the men just seem to be interested in training their arms, chest or shoulders with little regard for anything else. I don't suppose we can complain because these people must keep the gyms going; usually paying upfront and hardly any wear and tear on the equipment.

I am lucky that I am a member of a very large gym with about 30 treadmills, loads of rowers, steppers and cross trainers. I managed to do a threshold session on the treadmill on Tuesday; 5k in 17-50 plus 6 x 500 meters at 20kph pace.


No comments: