Friday 24 July 2009

Thursday nights training: 5k in 15:30?

Now that i've got your attention. Lasts nights training was a 5 x 1000m track session, with each rep done in 3:15. Admittedly there was a 1:30 mins recovery inbetween reps and I am working on shortening that. I can now feel some fitness is comeing back because I am more eager to get set up for the next rep than I was before. The idea of shortening this to 3 mins per rep by the end of the summer - may prove harder than I first thought.

I have entered the Harrogate 10k on Sunday and will now ease down until then. I did do a steady 6 miler today just to keep the 'legs ticking' over until race day.

1 comment:

Runningbear said...

Sounds like training is going well. Looking forward to hearing about the Harrogate race, hear its a new and faster course.. have a great run. RB