Thursday 6 August 2009

Tonights Training: 10 x 400m

With only 3 of us down the club tonight for speed work I decided to just race against the clock. I set myself to do each lap in 70 seconds with 1 minute recovery. The first one was done in 72 seconds, which I was happy with because I felt rather tight at first -having raced a 5k on the same track on Sunday. The others were done in roughley 70 seconds. The last one was done in just 69 seconds, thanks to John Gallagher who I needed to chase right to the line to complete the session.

Racing wise I may do the Askern 10 mile on Sunday just for a 10 mile tempo run. I have not pre-entered this one so will not qualify for the Yorkshire Champs or any prizes. I not sure yet and may do a long run instead.

2 comments:

Runningbear said...

Well done AB, sounds like a good speed session under your belt. Good luck at Askern, if you decide to do it. RB

Anonymous said...

I'm still keeping AWOL from it all Tony. Burnsall is just a day out. I just fancy winning another coffee machine!
If I feel good afterwards I'll look into more serious stuff. Plan is not to get too obsessed by it. Well not for the foreseeable future?
Glad you're running well.