Thursday 29 October 2009

Injury Woe And Race Pull-Out


This Knee injury still hasn't settled down, as a precautionary measure I have decided to give this Sundays Guy Fawkes race a miss. I think it's the first pre-entered race that I have ever missed and it hurts not to take part. I was looking forward to jogging along side Andy Pearson this year.
On instructions from the physio I am still doing loads of gym work, cross trainer and stretching I think I will be OK for the Abbey Dash.
If anybody want's a number for Sunday's race there is a form that they allow you to transfer over. I am not sure if it's too late to do it. Please e-mail if anybodys interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Antony, Sorry to hear you are not race fit at the moment but good to see you are seeing a physio. Hopefully you are fit for Abbey Dash which is my next target race.

Simon Anderson said...

Hope you're well for Sunday's Abbey Dash.

I found my last knee injury was caused by muscle tightness in the surrounding tissue. Do you have a sports massage? Try it. Very good for injury prevention.