Tuesday 2 March 2010

Norton 9 and training update


This Sunday is time for the annual Norton 9 Road Race. The hope of some mild weather and spring sunshine appear to be fading fast and it may be another cold one. For those runners who can't manage the full 10 miles the Norton 9 is a good race to do(joke!). Other than that I can't see why it is a nine miler - probably just to be unique.

Training wise, I am slowly getting back into increasing the mileage after a long period of reduced training to allow this knee problem to settle. The core strengthening and weight training workouts are definitely helping the knee. I am also trying to replace some running with aerobic workouts on the rower and cross trainer to reduce any impact. I can still run though and the problem is now much better than it was. Last Sunday I completed a long run of 17 miles at a steady 7-36 average pace, finishing with just some slight soreness. I hope to resume some higher intensity training in the coming weeks.

No comments: