Thursday 6 May 2010

John Carr 5K

Can anybody ever say that a 5k is enjoyable? Only when it is all over I say.

These 5k's are usually run at close to aerobic threshold pace and if your not careful some step over into anearobic running. In my view these are perfect training for the distance runner; virtually flat out pace but must still be controlled, painful but not too far and fairly easy to recover from. A few of these must make a half marathon seem like a walk in the park. I will find out on Sunday at the Leeds Half.

I was happy for the race to start as the midges were starting to bite. After Mondays run at Rothwell my legs felt tired. However, when the race started the reaction kicked in and the pain subsided. I finished with a respectable time of 16-39 and second V45. I was chasing Kevin Ogden who had a storming run to finish in 16-20. Sister Nicola from Pudsey Pacers came in at 22.22. Well done on her first 5k.

4 comments:

Henry Heavisides said...

Well done to run this a couple of days after Rothwell & another great result for you. Personally I do find this 5k enjoyable, in a masochistic kind of way, although the downhill finish certainly helps.

Antony Bradford said...

Cheers for that Henry.

I did hear you had a good run too and won your age group, well done.

John Broom said...

Well done Anthony. I find 5ks very hard. As you know I like to set off steady and work through the field. I find that I run out of time to reel people in during the final 2 miles. A reasonable run for me (16:58) but give me a 10k or 10 miler anyday!

Kev Ogden runs really fast 5ks in relation to his longer distance times, doesn't he?

Antony Bradford said...

Cheers for that comment John.

Just posted a reply on your blog.