Monday 3 May 2010

Rothwell 10k - changed course

This years Rothwell 10k was a changed course and most runners I spoke to said that it was harder than the last course. This was no surprise bearing in mind that the other course was mainly downhill.

When the race started I set off with the two leaders which included eventual race winner Andrew Pearson. This pace was way beyond me but surprisingly I felt very easy and relaxed for about 1k. I was aware of the charge from behind from Spen pal Kevin Ogden, V45 runner Duncan Clarke, Kev Lilley V45, Tim Midgeley and John Convery V45. Also with others that were in that fairly large chasing group. Most of the course is on one of my long Sunday run routes through Methley and then onto the main road back to the sports centre, so I know the course well. In my mind I had a time of 34-30, which would have been excellent given the changed course and windy conditions. However, I was still happy with my finishing time of 34-52 and third V45.

Thanks to all the organisers and others who were shouting support along the route.

No comments: