Friday 15 October 2010

Fitness Update

Sorry it's been a long time since my last blog entry. I have to admit I rather enjoy reading other peoples blogs and commenting rather than writing them myself. It is interesting to read about some runners returning to the sport again - after taking some time out. I've heard it called the sport you never give up(unless through injury). However frustrating, however painful, we never seem to want to stop doing it. Nothing prepares the mind better than going out for a run or doing a race. Only a runner can understand the buzz of it all.

The Horsforth 10k was my last race and it felt good to mix with the front runners once again. A time of 34-49 on the day was fairly respectable, given that it's not really an easy course. I was just over a minute off the winning pace and so no real complaints about that. Beating team mate Kevin O was a bonus.

I am still training hard and managing to do about 50 miles a week; one long run of 17 miles and a fast session on Thursdays. Last nights fast session was a total of 6k; 5 x 500m in 1-35, 2 x 1000m in 3-20, plus 5 x 300m in 51 seconds.

I have a number for the Brid Half on Sunday, so that should hopefully be a good test of my fitness.

2 comments:

Runningbear said...

Good luck in the HM, I'm sure you'll have a storming run.

Antony Bradford said...

Cheers RB. Good luck with your come back.