Sunday 28 December 2008

Ribble Valley 10k - Race Report

With Cold but near perfect conditions, I made the journey into Lancashire and the Borough of Ribble Valley for the Ribble Valley 10k. I have never done this run before, so I set off in good time to arrive at least 1 hour before. I had pre-entered this one so there wasn't a serious worry about arriving too late.

After browsing through previous years results I came to the conclusion that this race was fairly flat. If a race is won in something near 29mins - you can assume it is reasonably flat.

I was hoping to do the lower end of 34 minutes for this run, so I was rather disappointed today.

I am trying hard and training almost every day. I am trying to work on my strength and doing weight training on my legs. As the course was flat this maybe like doing track sessions whilst training for the worlds strongest man....who knows?. I do feel that trying to strenthen my legs will help when I do some faster work early next year.

I think Helen Clitheroe should get a extra large prize for doing a superb run and having the same name as the place of the run!!. Where's that entry form for the Bradford 10k?

No comments: