Sunday 1 February 2009

Dewsbury 10k - Post Race Report


After over a month off from racing it was time to do the local Dewsbury 10k. With a field of quality runners, a top 30 place was a reasonable position. I managed to achieve 3rd vet 40 today, which I am happy about.

I have come to the conclusion(not just today), that I need some quality speed work if I am to improve my racing pace. When the weather gets better(probably about July!!) I intend to visit a local grass track, which is only about a mile from the rear of my house. I will also try and get back my thursday night 'slot' for a visit down to Spen AC and thrash out some 400's and 800's.

To any Blog followers that are interested my split times for todays race are, 1st mile - 5 mins 24 secs, 2nd mile -5-36, 3rd mile - 5-45, 4th mile - 5-38, 5th mile - 5-44, 6th mile - 5-38. best pace was 4-03 per mile.

1 comment:

The Engineer said...

I didn't know you had a blog, but i have now made up for that and read it all.
Keep on doing the weight training and we will prove you don't need to be a seven stone weakling to do well in the long distance running world. Come on the ten stone muscle men. Just doesn't quite sound right yet but i'm working on the weight problem by eating lots of bacon and egg butties.
See you at a race soon no doubt.