Sunday 10 May 2009

Leeds Half Marathon - No P.B

It didn't seem like a year since the last Leeds Half, and when I checked it wasn't - last years race was run in September. This was the 3rd(and hardest) race in 6 days, the others were Rothwell 10k and Esholt 5k.


The first half of the course is uphill, so this years plan was to run steady up to the top, this is where the A660 Otley road from Leeds meets with the Leeds ring road at Lawnswood(see photo). The race route then heads steadily downhill for the next 6.5 miles to the Woodside roundabout, then left, and left again on to Kirkstall road.

I Still had memories of last years race having burnt out on the uphill sections. Last year I faded badly and at the end was just 'crawling' along Kirkstall road to the end. This time there was still some energy left and I was still 5-40 miling along some sections of Kirkstall road. I managed to catch up with David Watson of Holmfirth, who appeared to be limping, and was contemplating pulling out altogether.

I finished in 1-19-44 and 4th vet over 40.

No comments: