Friday 1 May 2009

Training Is Back On Track.

Thursday nights track session involved a paramid of 200, 300, 400, 600, and 800 meters, and then back down to 200 again. A group of mainly 'veteran' runners from Spenborough do these track workouts every Thursday night. In recent times I have only done solitary track work on the athletics field at the back of my house, so this was quite a shocker for me and it developed into some short battles between me and John Gallagher. Some of the other lads had done the Three Peaks Race a few days before and I was lucky that my legs were fresh. I didn't want a really hard session because I had entered the Rothwell 10k -which is on tommorow. I have also got the first John Carr 5k race which is on the Wednesday(6th), then the Leeds Half Marathon on the Sunday(10th). I will not be pushing too hard at Rothwell tommorow because of all the races I have entered and will need most of my energy for the Leeds Half.

3 comments:

Runningbear said...

Certainly is, well done for a storming run today - you must be dead chuffed with your recent performances. Great race today at Rothwell and hope you continue to maintain form for the summer. Might see you in a race sometime soon! RB

Antony Bradford said...

Thanks for the comment RB. Yes I am chuffed with the Rothwell time
(34.29). It's certainly a P.B course - with the first half been slightly down hill. I reached 5k in 16.28 which would have been another P.B(for 5K). I then hit the slight head wind on the long drag to the finish, spoiling a possible sub 34 minutes time. The idea of me just jogging round the course(so I don't burn out for Sundays Leeds Half) didn't work out as planned.

Hope your recovery is going well. Might see you at the John Carr 5k.

All the Best

Chris Jones said...

Told you that track session would be good for you ;)