Tuesday 8 September 2009

V45 - And The New Campaign

The day has finally arrived and I am now a V45. I will be making an assault on the V45 rankings and trying to get into the top twenty this year, with also a cautionary approach to training/racing and allowing for some recovery days.

I have done some nice and steady running this week(on returning from hols) and quite surprised that I felt quite good. I stuck to my plan of just doing a few runs on holiday with a few sessions of swimming and a lot of walking. Planning to do a steady long run this weekend. I have been offered a number for the Yorkshire Off Road Half Marathon, from my sister(Nicola), who is sidelined with a calf injury. Think I might give this one a miss though.

Next race 5k track race at Spen(20th Sept). Also Horsforth 10k, 27th Sept)

2 comments:

Runningbear said...

Good to see you back to business and that you're fresh for a new racing season. You'll be taking the V45's by storm with your recent form. Good luck & happy running. Rb.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tony regarding Nottingham. We all had a great time.
This site was changed as I could see some of the links on my old version. Main photo can be a bind to fit in. Ended up with a Spen 20, 2009.
All the best with your season ahead.