Sunday 28 November 2010

Thirsk 10

I was up for it today and set off like a rocket. I glanced at my Garmin, which showed 3-30 per mile. I knew if I kept up the pace I would be on for a sub 40 minute 10 mile. My nearest rival was at least a mile back, Andy Pearson I think, or was it Mo Farah. I kept thinking the lead car is not going fast enough and I need to ask if they can increase the pace a bit. On the turn round point I saw another group of runners, local star Gary Dunn was among them with Darren Bilton, both snarling at me as I passed them. Just then as I approached the finish I heard a noise - it was the alarm clock going off for me to get up. It was all just a dream, shame it was cancelled.

2 comments:

The Engineer said...

That's the best race report I've ever read, even more so seeing as I got a mention. I'm looking forward to my next 'dream race' hopefully I might do you next time.
I Should know by Thursday the date for the Thirsk 10m I will keep you updated.

Antony Bradford said...

Cheers, maybe the dream will come true if they reschedule it.

Would be grateful if you can let us know the new date for the Thirsk 10. Sometime in June would be nice.